[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

Hi Steffen,

> "here" !!!!! ;) :D
:o))

> Please make a diff off it so others could maybe
> try to integrate it in newest  vdr 1.1.2x and
>upstream patches to you.

No, *P*L*E*A*S*E* don't. Although quite nice, it would
hamper me more than it would help me at the moment.
(simlar for certain debugging problems) There are some
parts of the code that will fall away (my own Diseqc tuning
routine for example) as they are no longer needed in recent
versions of VDR. Some parts of the code will still be raw
(i.e. the work just fine, but they contain dozens of debugger
messages) if I  release it in the next 1-2 days. I would like
to optimize other parts of the code. Some parts had to be
taken apart (for debugging & / or testing purposes) and
these will be put back together when I port it to the 1.2
stable. I.e. it all works (here) but optimization and clean
up are a must before porting.

That was one of the reasons I didn't want to release it
early ;o)) The port to the 1.2 stable will of course be a
patch. Any errors or problems are then more than
welcome.

If someone (you'll get the credits of course!) wants to help
me right now, they could make snapshots with kvdr or SVDRP
of all the different mods in action. This would ease my work
a bit. *My* problem is that I use the modded  version on a
daily basis,  so I don't notice every single mod anymore. They
simply are "normal" for me. I do notice the difference when I
test a new "naked ;o)" release of VDR, tho. As I would like to
show the mods as pictures on my website (to help someone
decide if wants to install the mod), this would really be
quite helpfull (a picture says more than a thousand words ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.