[vdr] Re: Feature Request: All-Time-Recording

Hi, Mattia, Rene, Johannes, all,

> > Maybe one of my mods may interest you. I have added the possibility
> > to "misuse" the cutter marks as replay marks. I.e. there are several
> > combos of replay possible, but basiclly, you set your marks just as
> > you would to cut. Via the button "5" you can switch between cutter
> > and replay mode.  Example:

> Reynard, do you have a website or a CVS repository where you upload
> your mods, or are they still in development/not worth trying ?

You will be able to find them on my website. I have finished most of
my mods (of course new ideas keep popping up ;o)).Gerhard Steiner
has sent me some things which will also be integrated. I think I will
put a stop to adding new things (more will come later. My TODO list
is still bursting at the seams ;o))) and do more of a code clean up now.
Then it will become downloadable. The main problem being that it is
based on the VDR 1.1.17. I quit trying to keep up with Klaus's output
speed a while ago. If I hadn't, errors would most likely have been
introduced. Just to give you an idea: The original menu.c file was
around 100KByte long. Now it's over 200kByte and that isn't the
only file I modded ;o)). So, what I can offer (as an in between solution)
is a  full 1.1.17 VDR version incl. mods. When the 1.2 is really
declared stable (a few weeks after the official release) I will start
porting the mod to the 1.2 and it will become available as a patch
(after which I will start adding new things once again)

I know I have promised to release it all quite often, but I would like
to release a code that is as bugfree as possible. I use VDR pretty
often in the modded version and I haven't lost a recording yet ;o))
I needed to revamp some things. The Calpatch for example is
also included in this mod, but needed almost a complete rewrite
to prevent it from segfaulting under certain circumstances.
I like to play DAU and see if I can keep VDR running. This means
taking a lot of possibilities into consideration and making them
as DAU proof (time consuming) as possible.

You *have* my promise that the mod *will* be released and not
remain a "nessy" as Johannes stated ;o))

I also need to finish and correct the readme, so that everything
is documented. If someone *really* wants a copy to play with,
I guess I could make it available (of course, until it's official
release you would be on your own ;o)) If enough people say
"here", I'll upload a new version to my website (now is your
chance to speak up;o)))

>I do remind that some time ago you lost one of your hard disks
> and a couple of weeks/programming time with it ...  ;-)

Yes, but that one is over (and yes I make daily backups of it
now ;o)) I sat down and rewrote the code, while it was still
fresh in my memory, so everything is back up and running.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.