[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

At 15:43 25/05/2003, you wrote:
Today I played with the different cards and I think that the full-featured cards produces better results. It's hard to hard explain since the datarate is different all the time. Most of the time the full featured cards produce an error count < 10 (continuity errors) and no TS errors. The budget cards produces some times as much as 100 TS errors and nearly all the time > 150 continuity errors. I think I will buy two more full featured cards.

As far as I'm aware TS2PES errors are essentially recption errors in transfer mode. The counter was introduced by Teemu Rantanen when he fixed the oversized PES packet issue earlier this year.

Transfer mode is only used when you're recording or using a budget card to output to the decoder of a full featured card. So don't worry if you get very few that's completely normal, it means a packet got lost on the reception way. If you get a lot of them you might want to check that your equipment (aerial / sat dish / cabling etc) gains good reception. You might want to correlate this to rain fade or other things that could influence signal strength.

- Gregor