[vdr] Re: what causes cTS2PES errors?

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 00:47, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I believe the original question was about TS packets of audio/video data,
> or am I missing something?

Do they even have a CRC? In PES, the CRC is optional and AFAIK mostly
not present.

> Aren't the 188 byte sized TS packets the application receives from the driver
> already the result of several stages of error correction? I don't see any CRC
> information in these packets' headers...

FEC information is already processed and removed, otherwise the TS
packet would be 204 bytes long... But the FEC doesn't protect you from
occasional bit errors (neither does CRC32, btw, it just makes them less
likely).

Tom