[vdr] Re: VDR Bug: Question on CAM behavior

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> Hi Andreas, Klaus,
>
> >> This is why I said it's a priority problem. VDR should first make
> >> sure the CAM is ready to decrypt before launching any kind of
> >> recording action (even if this means the timer should have
> >> already started as would.be the case after a Em-Exit & Restart)
>
> >The same problem occours here, but ive made a workaround
> > for me. It could possible help you. This patch deactivates the
> > initiation of a timer for 30 seconds after restart of vdr.
>
> @Andreas:
>
> Yes, this is exactly what I was suggesting to do ;o)) I would even
> go one step further and make this a setup variable, so that each
> user can fine tune the system for their specific CAM and needs.
> Good work!
>
>  @Klaus:
>
> Please have a look at the change. IMHO this really should be
> integrated into VDR as it does prevent the instant restart of
> VDR in case of an Em-Exit w/o hampering the Em-Restart
> function of VDR.

To be honest I don't like this change because it would also
delay any other (FTA) recording, so that if there really has to be an
emergency exit for some reason, you would lose an extra 30 seconds
of the recording for _nothing_.

I'd really like you to test what I've suggested earlier:

> Please try if increasing
> #define MAXNONUSEFULDATA (10*1024*1024)
> to, say, 100MB or even more makes a difference, or just comment out
> the lines
>
>         if (exitOnFailure)
>            cThread::EmergencyExit(true);
>
> (both in remux.c). Maybe it just takes too long until it gets decrypted
> data. You might also want to check your log file to see whether in these
> cases you got an entry "ERROR: no useful data seen within nnn byte of
>
> Let me know if this helps. If so, I might change it for 1.2.0.

Klaus