[vdr] Connecting SPDIF to SPDIF

Hi,

I read several threads in the past dealing with the issue of connecting or not connecting the SPDIF of the dvb-s card directly to the input of a receiver. Unfortunately, I am not deep into electronics, so I don't understand much of it. I have connected my dvb-s card directly to my Harman-Kardon AVR 3000 receiver for more than a year now (although I have read one shouldn't do that). No issues so far with one exception:

When switching channels (or starting or ending viewing of a recording) I sometimes have to wait up to 30 seconds until my receiver recognizes the audio stream and plays it.

My two questions to the electronically knowledgable persons on this list:

1. What could go wrong when I connect my dvb-s directly to my receiver (nothing broke so far)?
2. Can my direct connection be the cause of the above mentioned problem?

Regards,

Robert
Home | Main Index | Thread Index