[vdr] Re: Order of recordings

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:25:48PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Carsten Koch wrote:
> >
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > At the top level the "Recordings" menu is sorted alphabetically,
> > > but in subdirectories (which are typically used for recording series)
> > > entries are sorted by time.
> >
> > I use subdirectories for genres, not just for series.
> > I would even assume that most people who have more than a hundred
> > recordings use subdirectories to structure their stuff somehow.
> > So I guess it would be nice to be able to toggle between alphabetical
> > and chronological order when viewing folder contents.
> > Klaus, would you consider this a useful feature?
>
> Sure. All we need is a reasonable concept of how and where to
> store the information for each single directory in which mode
> (time or alphabetical) it shall be sorted, and a way of switching
> this flag for an individual directory.

How about simply adding a button (maybe [1]) to change the sort-order
in the "Recordings" menu?

On entry:                 Sorted alphabetically
First time pressing [1]:  Sorted by recording time
Second time pressing [1]: Sorted by genre (Ok, ok, just a joke ...)
Third time pressing [1]:  Sorted alphabetically

> Klaus

Ciao,
Andreas
--