[vdr] Re: Order of recordings

Andreas Kool wrote:
..
How about simply adding a button (maybe [1]) to change the sort-order
in the "Recordings" menu?

On entry:                 Sorted alphabetically
First time pressing [1]:  Sorted by recording time
Second time pressing [1]: Sorted by genre (Ok, ok, just a joke ...)
Third time pressing [1]:  Sorted alphabetically
That's exactly the humble concept which I had in mind.
Of course, Klaus' ambitious idea to have the sort order stick to each
directory is very nice, too. I guess the easiest solution would be to
start with the above, create an empty file ".vdr_sort_by_time" in the
directory when [1] is pressed and delete that file when [1] is pressed
again.
Or, start with the above and extend it to maintain a setup entry
"DirectoriesSortedByTime" whose value is a list of directory names.

Carsten.