[vdr] Re: best distribution for vdr?

> Well ... Debian IS a full Linux. After installation of the
> c't distribution just run dselect as root and all the rest
> you need will fly onto your harddisc and be installed
> automagically ;-) I am a new convert to debian and you know
> why ? Because it takes minutes to install additional software
> using apt and ALL the software goes to standard folders. No
> more fiddling around with source packages, paths etc.
> I really recommend that distribution ... and you never ever
> will have problems upgrading your system. (well, almost none ;-))

If you have DSL, everything will fly on your disk ;) I'm on ISDN, so I
would use the 7 CD distro if I were to use debian. I have it already
running on a DEC alphaserver at work and I'm quite impressed. I just
want to make my life a bit easier, since you always have to fight with
Suse's non-standard stuff (libraries in wrong places etc...)

Lars