[vdr] Re: Howto to use VDR with only Streamdev and Xine plugin (no DVB hardware)

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 18:10, Thomas Glomann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that i have the wonderful 54mbit wlan (might remember the thread a week
> ago), i would like to have a fully working VDR on my laptop (no DVB
> hardware).
> I think this should be possible with the streamdev plugin on the one hand
> and the xine plugin on the other hand.
> Well, VDR compiles and runs fine with both plugins. However, how can I
> actually take use of it? how do i have to start xine? what settings do i
> need to make in the streamdev plugin?  Do i need those fifo files as
> described in the Xine Plugin INSTALL ?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
>
> Thank you !
>
> Thomas

I somehow got it to work. however, there is almost only garbage on the screen.
xine says: libmpeg2: stream not demultiplexed ? keeps repeating this message
all over.
OSD works but as i said you can harly see anything.
my network is a 54 mbit wlan, so it should be fast enough , right??? might try
a wired 100mbit just to make sure this is not the problem.

But, at least now i know it theoretically works ;)

Nice work !!!

Thomas