[vdr] Re: vdradmin : who can write a plugin for editing autotimers ?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Christian Jacobsen wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>>Well, I'd be happy to just select a show from the "Programs" list and
>>press something for "Always record" which would create a new autotimer
>>with sane default values. I don't think a plugin can do that though, you'd
>>need some patching of VDR to do it.
>
>Or a plugin which reads the EPG Data and displays it :)

Uh, what's wrong with the normal program info that VDR provides? Or maybe
I just missed the joke? :)

>> Adding a new autotimer to vdradmin's
>>file vdradmin.at is also simple, the issue is there to get vdradmin to
>>notice the changed file and reread it. Maybe a "kill -HUP" could force
>>vdradmin to reread all config files?
>
>Yes, that might be necessay, I am not sure if vdradmin rereads its list
>every time it looks for autotimer in the EPG. But I could even live with a
>solution where it happens an houer (restart vdradmin in cron) or whatever.

It seems to be fairly easy to patch menu.c to enable this new
functionality, but it would imply that VDR must know where vdradmin's
autotimer file vdradmin.at is so that it can add the new autotimer, and
that it knows how to restart vdradmin.

--
  In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
   very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.