[vdr] Re: vdradmin : who can write a plugin for editing autotimers ?

Hallo,

>>Or a plugin which reads the EPG Data and displays it :)
>
>Uh, what's wrong with the normal program info that VDR provides? Or maybe
>I just missed the joke? :)

No, you did not miss anything ;) I just did not descripe exactly hat I
meant. If we don't want to patch VDR then it could be a plugin that does
the same as the current EPG but has different Buttons - so that Record
would create an vdradmin autotimer :)

>>Yes, that might be necessay, I am not sure if vdradmin rereads its list
>>every time it looks for autotimer in the EPG. But I could even live with
>>solution where it happens an houer (restart vdradmin in cron) or
>whatever.
>
>It seems to be fairly easy to patch menu.c to enable this new
>functionality,

Sounds good :)

> but it would imply that VDR must know where vdradmin's
>autotimer file vdradmin.at is so that it can add the new autotimer,

a link in /video/plugins to the realy vdradmin.at could solve that problem
or an entry in setup.conf :)

>andthat it knows how to restart vdradmin.

Not sure how to do that - but if someone is interessted in doing some
pattching/programming I will definetly find out :)

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen