[vdr] Re: Conax CAM

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 tarass@club-internet.fr wrote:

>Le 01/02/2004 04:51 PM, Jan Ekholm a joliment écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Finally we got our Hauppauge CI (the external one that looks like a
>> floppy) and the Conax CAM and I've been trying to get it all to work. So
>> far with little success. VDR seems to find it just fine, but it won't
>> decrypt at all. I must be missing something, as I've only done the
>> following:
>

>Have the Nexus-S card ?
>
>I had to apply this patch to make the CAM-CI module work.
>Then it automatically decodes the channel if needed.

Well, I don't know what's up, but now it suddenly started working. I had
given up for today and changed the "encryption id:s" back to "1" as they
were originally, restarted VDR and behold a working decryption! I tested
it with those same parameters at first too, but that just didn't work at
all. Well, I'm not complaining, 3-4 hours of watching and no problems at
all, not even any warnings in syslog. Pure magic. :)

A nice start for the weekend.

--
Somewhere around the place I've got an unfinished short story about
Schroedinger's Dog; it was mostly moaning about all the attention the cat