[vdr] Re: Suggestions for tv output?

This one time, at band camp, Matt McLeod wrote:

> Cards with TV-out are fairly cheap.  Personally, I'd try a Matrox
> G400 as they've got a very nice crisp display and can be obtained
> on eBay fairly cheaply.

I have a G450 and a DXR3 card and the difference in quality is
enormous.  The G450 has fuzzy edges, dull colours (looks like NTSC!)
and is generally just lousy.  The DXR3, however, is rock solid stable,
crisp and with bright, solid colours.

Note, however, that I haven't used the DXR3 with VDR so can't comment
on the quality of the software side of things.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Think: In which world is speech most free:

1) A world where you can send single personal messages to anyone, but
can't send multiple copies of the same message to people who haven't
authorized you spending their resources that way.

2) A world where you only can send messages to people who have
explicitly authorized you to do so.

If we win the fight against spammers, we get world 1. If we lose, we
get world 2.

- Per Abrahamsen on slashdot