[vdr] Re: Suggestions for tv output?

skrodzki_list@stevekist.de wrote:
Stephan Skrodzki wrote:

DVB -> VDR (TS->PES) -> xine-plugin -> (fb)xine (demux, decode, resize, filter) -> framebuffer.

I am not completely into it, but AFAIK xine could also output via DirectFB, so wouldn't it be a starting point to use DirectFB anyway?
Roland Pramls softdevice plugin can now render to DirectFB directly, maybe you want to give it a try: http://www.k13zoo.de/vdr/.

Hi Holger,

I will do this the next weeks (have to buy a small monitor to stand near the TV set first), by this way it is also possbile to use the TV-Out of the Matrox G550 as this is a .directfbrc setting?
Yes, you should write 'matrox-crtc2' into your directfbrc, but please ask question like this on the DirectFB mailing list. There you'll also get all the help you need to get DirectFB running.

Holger