[vdr] Re: CVS access

Rob Shortt <rob@infointeractive.com> wrote:

> > I don't know the history, but I think Klaus should be the one who
> > commit "Klaus's changes" into the CVS, shouldn't he?
>
> I totally agree with you.  If Klaus doesn't want to maintain a
> publicly accessable CVS it should be his right as the project owner to
> not do so (or do so).  It isn't fair for someone else to do this
> unless they legitimately fork the project and use a different name.

i cannot follow your argument. why shouldn't there be a repository
maintained from a person other than klaus? besides, that i think klaus
has better things to do than merging his changes with a patched vdr
source tree, i strongly doubt that this will ever happen.

a public cvs could bring new 3rd party features to more testers and thus
make it more stable. i like the idea of doing:

cvs update
make
make PLUGINS

and have the very latest vdr.