[vdr] Re: Subtitles and VDR 1.3.2

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ulrich Petri wrote:

> Markku Virtanen wrote:
>
> > IMHO subtitles could be included in VDR, because that
> > is a feature that is needed in all scandinavian countires
> > at any time, for "us" it is not an option :)
>
> Just out of curiosity: Why subtitles are of such importance to you?
> In what language are movies broadcasted up there?

Normally in their original language, only exception is movies for
children. For some movies there can be two versions, one which is dubbed
for children and other one for those who wan't to see / hear it in it's
original form.

Just my opinion, but I prefer to hear actors by their own voice, not
someone else's.

Btw, that's good for foreigners also, they can go to a movie (or watch
television) and they don't have to understand finnish.

/Jussi