[vdr] Re: Subtitles and VDR 1.3.2

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Jussi Alanärä wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Ulrich Petri wrote:
>
>> Markku Virtanen wrote:
>>
>> > IMHO subtitles could be included in VDR, because that
>> > is a feature that is needed in all scandinavian countires
>> > at any time, for "us" it is not an option :)
>>
>> Just out of curiosity: Why subtitles are of such importance to you?
>> In what language are movies broadcasted up there?
>
>Normally in their original language, only exception is movies for
>children. For some movies there can be two versions, one which is dubbed
>for children and other one for those who wan't to see / hear it in it's
>original form.

Yeah, I find it weird to ruin a movie by destroying the original audio and
getting some C-class actors to come in an play Gandalf. Can't be done.
After all, adults can understand the language or read. :)

English movies are quite easy to grok without subtitles, but french ones
and german police series etc can be pretty hard.

--
You've got a lot of time for abstract thought when you've got your hand
    stuck up a dead badger.