[vdr] Re: Outdated EPG-Box

On Sunday 11 April 2004 13:48, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:

> > > Do you see the correct information if you turn the channel display off
> > > and on while on that channel? I would assume this is the case, and VDR 1.3.7
> > > will dynamically update that information while the channel display is on.
> >
> > Yes, the current/next info is correct after a few seconds on the
> > transponder. Could it be that vdr uses out-dated running-status
> > information when I switch to the transponder?
>
> Yes, that's exactly what's happenig.
> In order to make sure the channel display displays the current event, even
> if that event's end time has already passed by, it uses the "running status"
> to identify the currently runnign event. In case you're switching to a channel
> that hasn't been received for a while (and thus the running status is outdated)
> VDR will show the wrong event. As I said, in VDR 1.3.7 the correct event will
> be shown automatically as soon as the new running status has been revceived,
> which is typically within one or two seconds.

Hmm, imho the (outdated) running status info should be ignored/removed
if no card is tuned to the transponder.

As a short-term solution I modified cDisplayChannel::DisplayInfo()
in menu.c to ignore running status:
'Schedule->GetPresentEvent(true)' -> 'Schedule->GetPresentEvent()'
Principle of less surprise. ;-)

Oliver