[vdr] Re: lirc and vdr

Thanks Tomas and Simo,

I have managed to get VDR to see lircd thanks to you. Now I will just
have to set lirc up properly (maybe recompile the kernel with serial
driver as module).

By way of information I am running:

hush Epia M10000 with SkyStar2
Fedora Core 1 with 2.6.3 hand rolled kernel
Free via drivers
VDR 1.3.6 with vdr-xine
xine from CVS patched with vdr-xine

I am very impressed with VDR - but I refuse to learn German (not enough
time, learning Spanish and Japanese first)=:-D. I have three films
recorded over Easter weekend from the BBC that are breathtaking. And I
wasn't at home while they were recorded!!!! This thing actually works!!!
=:-D

Yesterday I soldered up an IR receiver and it works! well mode2 works
but things are starting to look good

Thanks again for your time

Tony Grant

--