[vdr] Re: vdr 1.2.6, Nexus & Hyperthreading/SMP

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Juri Haberland wrote:

> nice to see you on this list ;)

I try to be everywhere. :)

> > I read in a FAQ (I think it was vdr-portal.de) that even budget cards
> > and slow PCs (they are talking about 1 GHz Athlon) can record upto
> > 3 channels at once without any problems. Is a Nexus card more problematic
> > regarding recording several channels at once ? Very strange...
> Nope. Must be specific to your setup. As I write this mail I'm recording
> four programms (all on the same frequency) with one DVB-T premium card.
> It works, but VDR get's real sluggish on P4-2.4GHz.

And 3 recordings are smooth enough ? And you don't get any pixels
or other noise in the streams ? BTW, what kind of card you are using
for DVB-T ? And maybe the price...:) (I still have PCI slots free...)

Ok, it seems that kernel 2.6 maybe is not the right choice at this time to
run DVB/VDR.

Thanx !

Mermgfurt,
		Udo