[vdr] Re: AC3 audio handling

On 03 May 2004 so-8859-1?B?SORt5GzkaW5lbiBKb3Jp?jori.hamalainen@teliasonera.com wrote:

> I tune to Prosieben-AC3 and my DD-receiver displays UNLOCK
> which means no sync. But I can hear the audio. Maybe once in
> 10 tunings to channel I get lock and receiver displays DD 2.0
> but I cannot hear audio.
[...]
> Receiver: Sony STR-DB940

As said many times (and stated in the README) the patch has to
use a unusual encapsulation for the AC3 data. Some receivers are
not able to handle this format.

As you can see from my compatibility list, some Sony receivers
are reported to work, but not particularly the one you owns. I
have reports about other receivers which require to disable
format-autodetection and manualy force them to DD. May be this
works for you too, as your receiver basically seems to be able to
handle the data (you hear something most of the time) but
sometimes it mess up.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt@gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/