[vdr] Re: AC3 audio handling

2004 so-8859-1?B?SORt5GzkaW5lbiBKb3Jp?jori.hamalainen@teliasonera.com
wrote:
> > I tune to Prosieben-AC3 and my DD-receiver displays UNLOCK
> > which means no sync. But I can hear the audio. Maybe once in
> > 10 tunings to channel I get lock and receiver displays DD 2.0
> > but I cannot hear audio.
>
> [...]
>
> > Receiver: Sony STR-DB940
>
> As said many times (and stated in the README) the patch has to
> use a unusual encapsulation for the AC3 data. Some receivers are
> not able to handle this format.
>
> As you can see from my compatibility list, some Sony receivers
> are reported to work, but not particularly the one you owns. I
> have reports about other receivers which require to disable
> format-autodetection and manualy force them to DD. May be this
> works for you too, as your receiver basically seems to be able to
> handle the data (you hear something most of the time) but
> sometimes it mess up.

I have the same receiver and experience the same problem. But obviously DD
works if one chooses one of the Cinema Sound Fileds. Without this sound
program my receiver doesn't play the center channel.

I also tried the bitstreamout (DMX XFire), but with similar results.

If someone would have a solution for this, it would be great. Who wants to
swap my soundcard with one that's working with the SONY? ;-)

Sven

--
Sven Fischer -- Moitzfeld 47, 51429 Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
                Tel./Fax: +49-(0)2204-480985