[vdr] Re: xine scaled osd out of the screen

Hi,

Luca Olivetti wrote:

With the xine plugin, is it normal that the scaled display goes off the screen? (e.g., it's ok on the "No signal" screen, but as soon as the channel is displayed, the osd is horizontally bigger that the screen).
It happens on many hotbird channels I normally look (e.g. rai channels, tv5 europe, tv5 fbs). Incidentally I noticed that the osd is fine on "radio italia tv", "Ard das Erste", "arte", "bloomberg" and on the mediaset channels (rete4, canale5, italia1).
This is, because xine blends the OSD in the original image before scaling. Many stations broadcast only 480x576, so an OSD with 720x576 will be horizontally bigger and cut off at the right.

xine's OSD handling was designed to work with DVDs, where OSD and video stream come from a single source and fit together.

The unscaled osd is fine but it's not transparent.
That's the drawback of unscaled OSD. It seems, that currently no output driver is capable of color keying with transparency.

As the vdr-xine plugin has almost no features left (isn't it), maybe I should put some work on xine's OSD handling.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de