[vdr] Re: cSafeFile and clusternfs

André Weidemann wrote:
Luca Olivetti wrote:

... It's a diskless pc which boots with etherboot and uses nfs for its filesystems ...

The nfs server is running clusternfs (http://clusternfs.sourceforge.net, basically because it's the easiest option to setup a diskless machine with mandrake). ...

Is there a special reason you are using clusternfs? I've been running a diskless system with etherboot, tftp and kernel-nfs-server for more than a year and it runs like charm...
As I said "because it's the easiest option to setup a diskless machine
with mandrake" since it's all automated and I was in a hurry to setup
the test system at the time ;-)
If clusternfs is problematic, I'll try with the standard nfs server,
though I'll have to setup a different duplicate tree for the client
(that's not necessary with clusternfs, a handful of specially named
files under /etc are sufficient to personalize settings for the
client/clients with a single tree).

Bye