[vdr] learning keys and record time

Hello VDR developers.

After few weeks of configuring and searching info - I am able to use VDR just
like ProgDVB or dvbdream. There are just few problems I want to resolve.

First problem is "learning keys mode".
VDR want to learn keys each time I run it. So I need to wait about 10 seconds
to start watching TV. This is very annoying, because I can lose part of
movie/news this way.
Should learning keys mode run once or each time? Is it possible to disable it?
I tried vdr-1.3.10, 1.3.11 and 1.3.12 with default Makefile and setup.conf.
File remote.conf appears in /video.

Another problem is recording time. When I push "red" recording starts. But why
it stops after few hours? How can I define how long I want to record? My goal
is to turn recording on at morning or evening, and stop it manually, when I am
back from work or sleep. But I found just 001.vdr and 002.vdr, first file is
about 2GB, second about 1GB. I disabled file split in setup.

My configuration:
- linux 2.6.7
- Linux From Scratch (i.e. no distro)
- SkyStar 2.6c
- vdr 1.3 with softdevice plugin (I can't compile new vdr-xine with new vdr)
- Athlon XP 1800, 256MB RAM

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies

Home | Main Index | Thread Index