[vdr] Re: vdr with dxr3 & dvb subtitles leaking memory

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Abbott" <laz@club-burniston.co.uk>
To: "VDR list" <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:24 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: vdr with dxr3 & dvb subtitles leaking memory

> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 20:54, Achim Tuffentsammer wrote:
> > Laz wrote:
> >
> > >Any chance of a link ot it on here? Just had a quick look but my German
just
> > >isn't up to it!
> > >

> > Look here:
> >
> > http://www.vobs.at/hs-wolfurt/christian/vdr-dxr3-0.2.3-pre1.tgz
>
> Cheers.
>
> After a bit of testing with 1.3.12, the OSD does seem much more
> responsive than previously. I am getting a few visual artifacts but this
> may be down to the DVB drivers I'm using (current CVS).
I have rewritten the osd-procesing parts. Now the dxr3-plugin imitates the
dvb-ff osd commands.

orginal fomr dvbosd.c:
Cmd(OSD_SetBlock, Bitmap->Width(), x1, y1, x2, y2, Bitmap->Data(x1, y1));

code in dxr3plugin:
Spu->Cmd(OSD_SetBlock, Bitmap->Width(), x1, y1, x2, y2, Bitmap->Data(x1,
y1));

This makes things much easier. In the pre2 i am also using optimced -
depends on cpu -
memcpy command.

Here a little preview history:

2004-0?-??: Version 0.2.3-pre2 (now aviable on SourceForge)

- fixed audio and video problems
- works now with vdr < 1.3.7
- added YUV2Rgb int dxr3tools.h (for dxr3spudecoder)
- added some more debug infos in dxr3outputthread.c
- added const keyword in dxr3configdata.h
- added EM8300 include define in Makefile
- added debuglevels, so we can define how much we want to log
- assimilated spudecoder from vdr's dvbspu.c/h -> nice nav in dvds
- kicked out cDxr3InterfaceSpu from dxr3interface.c/h
- a little fix for cDxr3Interface::ResampleVolume
- kicked out dxr3interface_spu.c/h and dxr3interface_spu_list.c/h, because
  the new spudecoder dont need it anymore.
- added dxr3cpu.c/h to get some infos about the cpu
- added dxr3memcpy.c/h to get a little speedup - i hope
- maybe a little audiofix: lastHeader in cDxr3AudioDecoder will now set to 0
  with the constr. and not via Init()-function. So there should be now some
lesser
  audio scratches.

But there are some things i want to bring in the pre2, for instance, grabing
image.

> One thing I have noticed is that I get a couple of processes running
> with high CPU usage: one at ca. 80%, the other at ca. 20%. Without the
Uncomment the two usleeps in dxr3outputthread.c and the cpu usage is normal.
This fix will be in the pre2. I am working now on the colormanger, to fix
the artefacts,
so that i hope the osd looks like the osd of a dvb-ff card.

> dxr3 plugin, I hardly notice the vdr processes at all! Having said that,
> I just checked and that was with no output plugin (I usually have the
> streamdev-server running as well): this version allows it to run without
> an output device!
>
> Looks good, though.
Thanks.

Greets,