[vdr] Re: learning keys and record time

Also sprach Jacek Popławski zu "20.07.2004 11:42" Anno Domini:

First problem is "learning keys mode". VDR want to learn keys each time I run it. So I need to wait about 10 seconds
to start watching TV. This is very annoying, because I can lose part of
movie/news this way.
Should learning keys mode run once or each time? Is it possible to disable it?
I tried vdr-1.3.10, 1.3.11 and 1.3.12 with default Makefile and setup.conf.
File remote.conf appears in /video.

If you leared the keys for all found controls they are stored in remote.conf in your video-directory resp. your config-directory if you specified one different from the video-dir. Next time vdr starts it will use this file and only ask for remote control devices found but not learned already in remote.conf. Maybe check the contents of the remote.conf file created by vdr.

Another problem is recording time. When I push "red" recording starts. But why
it stops after few hours? How can I define how long I want to record? My goal
is to turn recording on at morning or evening, and stop it manually, when I am
back from work or sleep. But I found just 001.vdr and 002.vdr, first file is
about 2GB, second about 1GB. I disabled file split in setup.

Look in the documentation. If you start a "direct recording" it will stop after the timeout configured in the setup. The default is 180 minutes i think, which I guess is the exact length of your "interupted" recordings. You can change it interactively in the setup menu.

CU
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "printk("VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. "