[vdr] Re: learning keys and record time

Quoting Jacek Popławski <jpopl@interia.pl>:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 06:16:10PM +0200, Patrick Cernko wrote:
> > If you leared the keys for all found controls they are stored in
> > remote.conf in your video-directory resp. your config-directory if you
> > specified one different from the video-dir. Next time vdr starts it will
> > use this file and only ask for remote control devices found but not
> > learned already in remote.conf.
>
> Is it possible that it is searching for other device than KBD? I have lirc
> installed (not used). I am sure I configured all keys and saved, but each
> time
> it is trying to detect input device at start.

Read the OSD carefully. There is a text which explains for which
remote keycodes should be teached.
vdr HAS several remotes: keyboard, lirc . If you are using softdevice:
xv and dfb (if in use). If your definitions are not saved although you said
"save" then check the users (who started vdr) write permissions to file
remote.conf .

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index