[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

hello,

 > > I used 0.4.0 with the patch you gave in this mailing list.
 >
 > I had a look into xine-0.4.0/xineLib.c:1197 and there the volume is set, when
 > a client connects. So I don't understand, how this version was ever working
 > for your setup.
 >
 > So there should have been no volume set by VDR besides the one when it starts,
 > but as xine is not connected to VDR at that time, this volume change shouldn't
 > matter.

Might be; I use (sleep 5; xine ....)& to start the xine command just
before starting the vdr.  Depends on if now this kind of events are
queued?

 > > Trickspeed mode worked and still works ok.
 >
 > I don't understand that. When replaying a recording (especially when
 > entering/leaving trick speed mode) there will typically be some CLEAR calls by
 > VDR. Looking into xine-0.4.0/input-plugin/input_vdr.c:418 where the volume is
 > restored to the saved value, I would expect that a CLEAR should trigger your
 > problem too, but it doesn't.
 >
 > Maybe, this instruction doesn't do anything, when the volume is set to the
 > current volume level, as I forgot to change the volume to 0 after saving the
 > original value.

Probably.  But setting AUDIO_MUTE would do the same thing...

<... three test suggestions removed ...>

I'll check these ones as soon as I'll have some spare time (this
weekend might end up a bit busy.

 > Speaking of a solution:
 > Currently, I'd suggest that I add a config option to Makefile, as I don't see
 > the need to make it configureable in vdr-xine's setup menu. What do you think
 > about that?

Currently I am wondering if the whole problem is just some audio
driver thing that has not been configured correctly and I'm the only
one having the problem.  So it might not be worth the trouble until I
understand ALSA a bit better:(

Meanwhile, I can use this

perl -i.bak -pe '/xine_set_param\([^\)]*XINE_PARAM_AUDIO/ and print "//"' xineLib.c

to get things working for me.

Thanks for your concern.  I'll report on the tests later.

yours,
		Jouni
--
http://www.netlab.hut.fi/%7ekex