[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel

Am Sa, den 11.09.2004 schrieb Oliver Endriss um 4:58:
> On Freitag, 10. September 2004 16:19, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > However, the latest greatest dvb-kernel driver still has the dropout problem
> > every few seconds, so I guess I'll need to find out what I did in the old
> > DVB driver to fix (or at least work around) this, and see whether somebody
> > has removed that fix/workaround in dvb-kernel...
>
> Did you check signal quality with femon?
>
> There is a known design flaw in rev 1.3 full-featured cards which may
> cause tuning problems, especially on fast machines.
>
> See http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=14982&sid=
> (search for 'Feuerpfeil').
>
> Basically, this flaw should affect all drivers. But who knows...

just to share, what my experiences are:

- I have seen those reception quality issues only with rev 1.1.x drivers
(2.4 branch), never with 1.0.y.

- I had two boards that showed the problem in different PCs (mostly
PII/III 200/400 MHz class), but not in another (Epia 533).

- The hardware fix did not change anything in the mentioned PCs.

- I've even moved thoses machines to another dish, without any success.

- It just happens with rev 1.3; 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 run fine.

So in my opinion there must be another bug despite the hardware flaw.

Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index