Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel
Am Sa, den 11.09.2004 schrieb Oliver Endriss um 4:58:
> On Freitag, 10. September 2004 16:19, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > However, the latest greatest dvb-kernel driver still has the dropout problem
> > every few seconds, so I guess I'll need to find out what I did in the old
> > DVB driver to fix (or at least work around) this, and see whether somebody
> > has removed that fix/workaround in dvb-kernel...
> Did you check signal quality with femon?
> There is a known design flaw in rev 1.3 full-featured cards which may
> cause tuning problems, especially on fast machines.
> See http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=14982&sid=
> (search for 'Feuerpfeil').
> Basically, this flaw should affect all drivers. But who knows...
just to share, what my experiences are:
- I have seen those reception quality issues only with rev 1.1.x drivers
(2.4 branch), never with 1.0.y.
- I had two boards that showed the problem in different PCs (mostly
PII/III 200/400 MHz class), but not in another (Epia 533).
- The hardware fix did not change anything in the mentioned PCs.
- I've even moved thoses machines to another dish, without any success.
- It just happens with rev 1.3; 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1 run fine.
So in my opinion there must be another bug despite the hardware flaw.
Main Index |