[vdr] Re: MediaMVP and VDR

André Jagusch wrote:
> I am thinking about buying some MediaMVPs

afaik the plugin works with one MediaMVP

> for use with an VDR-Server.

there is no vdr-server, there is just vdr und plugins

> I've seen at the mediamvp-project's homepage  that there have not been
> an update for about 5 months, so it would be great if someone could tell
> me if

there have bin updates but only in the cvs (read the /doc/HISTORY)

> - the plugin works already stable (field-testet with a family? ;-)

imho not good enough for living room, switching is to slow (3s), no
timer support, epg not as known from vdr as overlay to live-tv

it good as 2nd for the bedroom

> - all/which features of the VDR (e.g. the EPG) are supportet

yes but not always in the same way (see above), but there is more then
vdr itself can do: mp3, pictures, newsfeeds, internet radio
(but it will loose aginst vdr with all its plugins, beside the
neewsfeeds its all in the plugins)

> - the screen-interface is simular to the VDR (but without transparence)

yes, the pre 1.3.7 style

> - there are any information about the roadmap of this feature

afaik there is no roadmap

> (will the screen-interface be polished?)

for what reason? imho wast of time, there are much more pressing things

Home | Main Index | Thread Index