[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel

On Sunday 05 September 2004 12:24, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
[snip]
> I guess it all comes down to this: the kernel 2.6 based linux-dvb
> driver version in CVS should be made so that it still compiles with
> the latest "official" kernel versions used by the major distributions.
> Typically Linux distributions don't use the latest greatest kernel
> versions. If the DVB driver wants to make use of some kernel features
> that are not available yet in the kernel versions used by the major
> distributions, it should provide backwards compatibilty mechanisms.
> Simply locking out "older" kernel versions is not very wise...

I've attached a tarball with some changes that should fix this msleep issue on
kernel version < 2.6.7. It will only fix build-2.6, but I belive that is
acceptable, hmm?

Should there be any other compatability problems exept for this msleep thingy,
feel free to yell :)

I've not bothered to test it beyond compilation, because I don't want to
downgrade the kernel in my server box.

Kenneth