[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:07:59PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > QUIT is an SVDRP command.
> > It ends the current SVDRP session.
> > > to Divx: "your QUIT" && /usr/local/bin/TODIVX && "svdrpsend.pl MESG fertig"
>
> Well, OK, but then how to use it ?
>
> The connection is open due to xawtv controlling VDR, so I cannot kill
> the connection from outside VDR and keep controlling VDR...
>
> That's the reason I ask for an example on how to use it :-)

The program that has the SVDRP connection open ('xawtv' in your case)
must send the QUIT command.

> >From my point of view the uniqueness of the SVDRP is a complete
> nonsense... And I really hope this will change :-)

Allowing more than one concurrent SVDRP connection would require
extensive locking mechanisms to avoid problems when accessing timers
etc. That's why there is (currently) only one SVDRP connection possible.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index