[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

From my point of view the uniqueness of the SVDRP is a complete
nonsense... And I really hope this will change :-)

Allowing more than one concurrent SVDRP connection would require
extensive locking mechanisms to avoid problems when accessing timers
etc. That's why there is (currently) only one SVDRP connection possible.
Thats simply not true.

I had a look at the svdrp code and actually thought about implementing this myself for quite a while now.

All you basically have to do is the following:

You have one thread doing all the svdrp work.

This thread would simply have to monitor all connections using select and once a whole commmand came in from one connection execute the command. This way there is only sequential execution of svdrp commands.

Its that simple, _as long as_ svdrp remains stateless between commands. If ever you have a situation where 2 commands depend on each other you've got a problem.

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index