[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:56:42PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The program that has the SVDRP connection open ('xawtv' in your case)
> must send the QUIT command.

I was asking for something to kill the connection from VDR so it seems
the answer is that we can't :-(

> Allowing more than one concurrent SVDRP connection would require
> extensive locking mechanisms to avoid problems when accessing timers
> etc. That's why there is (currently) only one SVDRP connection possible.

If that was your reason, you can safely ignore it (just imagine one
SVDRP creating a timer, and one via keyboard and another one via lirc)
or remove the ability to control VDR via kbd/lirc :-)

I like the (currently) and I hope this will change in a near future !!!
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index