[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

* Palko Jukka <jpalko@ipi.fi> [040913 07:06]:

I'm looking to build a small & silent vdr STB.

I seem to remember there was some kind of PCI backplane with which you
got two effective PCI slots. Am I right? In case I am, was it for the
EPIA m/b or for some barebone?

You can get a pci riser that enables 2 pci cards to Epia motherboards.
My memory was right then. Do you have anoy other reference to it?
Homepage or some dealer carrying them?

Also you need to choose a case that supports this, like Travla C137.
I'll search for it, but I was planning to build one myself.
My field is electronics and computer science, but a friend of mine
volunteered to help me build a nice transparent box, built to fit only
what I need to put in.

I want to make it as cheap as possible, so that I build one for each
member of my family :)

--
YOW!!  Everybody out of the GENETIC POOL!

Javier Marcet <javier@marcet.info>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index