[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

Javier Marcet wrote:
* Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> [040913 07:55]:

Otherwise, have you had good experiences using some microATX board? Or
any other kind you found nice for this purpose?

Old HP Brios are good, like Brio BA400, its Celeron (433-600 Mhz) with
builtin VGA and four (4) pcislots.  Unfortunately no builtin ethernet.
Where do you find them? Ebay?
Maybe, I found mine from pile of junk, the office next door was
scrapping their old machines.

I'm going to try this with USB-WLAN or USB-Ethernet adapter.
Put this into Antec Aria case with NEXUS-S, NEXUS-T and NOVA-T
Why putting two full featured cards?
Historical reasons, my old MB (BioStar) makes a lot of artefacts
when recording with NOVA-T, I suspect that the pci-bus on that
MB is crap.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index