[vdr] Re: Compiling plugins for vdr 1.3.12

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 19:29 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> In <1095443992.4076.39.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> > > How would I make use of these output options?
>
> [Snip]
>
> > vdr [..other plugins..] -P"softdevice -vo xv:"
> >
> > The Xv output starts in a window but can be made fullscreen by a double
> > click, if you use metacity (gnome) as window manager. Support for
> > fullscreen with other window managers is not yet implemented.
>
> The window manager I use, OroboROX, does have a hot key for full-screen,
> presumably that would work?

The fullscreen support uses _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN wm hints. I don't
think that one supports it. They talk about support _NET hints in the
TODO file; http://kymatica.bitminds.net/rox/OroboROX/TODO

The complete support comes with using the xvidmod extension, but it's a
bit more complicated to implement.

> > You cannot toggle output on and of (yet). I think it would be a nice
> > feature though
>
> Yes. Would I be right in thinking that without it you can't start vdr
> with this plugin unless X is currently running? I don't suppose that
> really matters though.

Yes.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>