[vdr] Re: VDR + streamdev to XBMC

Gavin Hamill wrote:

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 01:40:14PM +0200, Philip Lawatsch wrote:

So, what would you suggest me to do?

Live within the limitations or try to write a Python SVDRP interface script yourself?
Ok, although either of them are not really good options.

Install Linux and go with it? I really do like xbmc because its a nice wrapper for everything but I can live without it I guess.

Do you have an Xbox Linux running as a vdr streamdev client?

I did have Xebian on the Xbox but I was unable to get quality playback from the Xbox, and I've never really messed with the software-devices using Xine etc.
What was the problem / what did you try?

You said you've not been using Xine et al so what did you use then? Afair you need either vdr-xine or the softdevice to get vdr running without a ff card.

So, I gave up and ended up just buying a DVB-T STB instead :)
Well, I just bought myself a xbox, so I for sure wont buy anything else :)

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index