[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 buffer optimizations

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:48:47 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Are you getting any particular errors, like buffer overflows?

Yes, I get buffer overflows very soon and constanly. With the previous
patch I get errors only occassionally.

> Maybe I'm actually expecting a little too much regarding the
> disk performance (WRT your other posting re file systems), but
> then again it's probably not too bad to optimize the buffer
> handling on a "slow" system - the bottlenecks probably don't
> turn up on really fast systems.

Yes, it is very important that the buffer handling works good. It seems
that the buffer code has serious problems to empty the buffers once they
are full. Maybe the write performance can be increased by using larger
write size.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index