[vdr] What's BBCi and is it possible to receive it with vdr?

Teletext page 100 on bbc channels on astra 2 carries this text:

CEEFAX REPLACED BY NEW DIGITAL SERVICE
Ceefax is no longer available on BBC
channels carried on digital satellite.

The BBC has launched a new service
called BBCi.

Press the TEXT button on the Sky remote
while watching BBC TV or the RED key
during news Bulletins.

The new service has the best of Ceeefax,
with exciting new features such as
news, sport and weather in video
whenever you want it.

What's this service and is it possible to receive it with vdr?
(in other words, is it a standard system or is something propietary only available on sky boxes?). Not that I'm really interested in the "exciting new features" but I curious nevertheless.

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -