[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

Erik BEAUVALOT wrote:
Is it complicate to add an vdrboxID (uniq) in the record file name.
So the 2 (or more) boxes will record into the same directory but with a
different file name.
Why would you want to record the same thing twice?
And even if you do, you probably do not want to record it
into the same directory.

To answer your original question: It would indeed be needlessly
complicated to (for example) change record file names from
nnn.vdr and index.vdr to nnn.vdr-ID and index.vdr-ID where
ID is a setup parameter, because VDR would have to create
separate entries in the recordings menu for them.
Also, old VDR versions would not be able to recognize that.

And again, there is no motivation for that.
If you want the recording twice, copy it.
If you do not want the recording twice, record it only once.

The only thing that might really be needed, might be a locking
mechanism that prevents vdr to record into a directory that
is already being recorded into.

Just like Emil, it happened to me once (on the same machine)
and I had both films interleaved, which was totally useless.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index