[vdr] Re: EPG summary descriptions off by one when using timer

Darren Salt wrote:
I demand that C.Y.M may or may not have written...

Darren Salt wrote:

I demand that C.Y.M may or may not have written...
[snip]

I also failed to mention that when I look at the EPG for "Now/Next",
there is usually a timer indicator representing a "t" that is displayed
next to the shows that are to be recorded.
No "T"?

I'll give you an example of what I mean. Lets say I have show "X" and show
"Y".  Show "X" starts at 19:30 and show "Y" starts at 20:00.  I go into the
guide and select show "Y" to record on a timer.  This is what I see in the
guide now:

Sat 16 18:30	 blah blah
Sat 16 19:30 t   Show "X"
Sat 16 20:00 t   Show "Y"
Sat 16 20:30 	 blah blah

That is easily replicated by setting the start and end times to exactly those
scheduled for the programme to be recorded. (Not a good idea. I suspect that
some overruns are deliberate...)

Yes. Perhaps this is triggered by having "MarginStart = 0" and "MarginStop = 0" in VDR's setup.conf.

I believe this behavior is related to viewing the description summary of
the previous show in VDR's "Recordings" menu. The recordings menu will now
display the summary of show "X" when I select show "Y". This only seems to
happen when using timers.

Possibly. There seem to be two off-by-one bugs here:

* Setting the start time at the scheduled start time of programme Y causes
  VDR to mark the preceding programme as "partially recorded".

* Setting the end time at the scheduled end time of programme Y causes VDR to
  mark the target programme as "partially recorded".

In the case where no programme is marked as "fully recorded", perhaps VDR
should list information for whichever programme is "longer" (in % terms of
the scheduled lengths of the programmes)?

Agreed.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index