[vdr] Re: /video directories on a CD/DVD?

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> Another solution would be to just dump the raw VDR directory hiearchy for
> a show on a DVD-rw. It would waste lots of space, but should be doable.
> The actual burning I can do with my normal workstation, but I'd like to be
> able to just pop a DVD into the VDR machine and whatever is on the disk
> would show up in the normal "Recordings" menu. So, what I'm wondering is
> wether VDR can directly use a DVD that is mounted as, say, /video1 (the
> normal partition would be /video0)? Or are the /videoX directories only
> scanned when VDR is started, meaning that dynamically mounted disks can't
> be used? I guess that if the DVD is mounted when VDR starts there is no
> problem, but what if the DVD is mounted after VDR has started (and also
> unmounted)?

You can use Media detection plugin. It adds "Play disc" entry to vdr main
menu. Selecting this plugin opens the disc to vdr's recordings menu.
I use it regularly.. Only drawback that I have, is the lack of umount. But, I
may not have the latest version..

  Marko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index