[vdr] Re: OSD fixed - now how to fix dropped frames?

Hi,

Tony Grant wrote:

My shell spews
FIXME: xineDevice.c:745
Looking at the source this means that a PES packet didn't start with 000001.

I have installed femon and can't see what the difference is between the
different channels. The disc I correctly adjusted.
Does one of this channels provide multiple audio streams?

When VDR chooses one audio stream for replay it zeros out all other audio frames. This would explain the FIXME of line 745. And this also causes higher CPU load in xine as the demuxer has to read byte by byte to sync on the next PES start code (000001).

Please apply this patch which modifies VDR to declare the unwanted PES packets as part of a padding stream. Therefore vdr-xine won't even send this packet to xine.

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.14-transfer.patch.gz

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl