[vdr] analogtv: Confused - no controls?

Ok, managed to find (it _was_ tricky...:-) vdr-1.3.15, compiled with
analogtv, doesn't segfault any more, but - it just prints some logging
messages on the terminal and that's it. My understanding was, that I was
supposed to get a window with menus, etc. to configure the stuff... OTOH,
I saw in one article, that the whole dialog is done over the TV (TV-out?).
Now, it's an analog Hauppauge WinTV card without an MPEG encoder... Yes, I
read "no picture, no sound", but it doesn't seem to even access
/dev/video(0)?.. And doesn't seem to be doing much. Ok, I managed to
connect with telnet to port 2001. Attempts to switch to a channel or to
grab an image produce errors... What am I doing wrong or what am I
expecting / (mis)understanding wrong?

Thanks
Guennadi
---