[vdr] Re: Supported HDTV card for use in Europe?

Le mar 09/11/2004 Gregoire Favre wrote:

> > I would never (never say never) buy an LCD from Apple any more, there
> > after sold is inexistant and there garantee about dead pixel is the
> > worst I know about :-(

Dead pixels are bad news when you do graphic design or CAD.

> > And to be honest, don't put a good CRT near the TFT : the TFT quality is
> > very poor then (at my university we did the test betweem an Apple 23"
> > TFT and a Philipps CRT 22" and it was the day and the night... and I
> > don't say anything about the price...).

We are talking about watching TV mon cher ami!!! Don't put a CRT TV near
a TFT being fed DVB-S especially through DVI... When you factor in
energy savings and heat output a TFT has other qualities too (being able
to carry one around for example).

I come from a graphic design background and am used to high quality CRT
screens. I don't remember them being cheap though! Now you can give me a
Samsung TFT any day you want to get rid of one =:-D

Cheers

Tony

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit