[vdr] Re: Supported HDTV card for use in Europe?

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:18:03PM +0100, Tony Grant wrote:

> Dead pixels are bad news when you do graphic design or CAD.

And for me it's a sufficent reason not to use TFT...

> We are talking about watching TV mon cher ami!!! Don't put a CRT TV near
> a TFT being fed DVB-S especially through DVI... When you factor in
> energy savings and heat output a TFT has other qualities too (being able
> to carry one around for example).

Why couldn't I use a monitor as TV ?
If the only things that matter is quality, then there is no choice, CRT,
but of course if you need to carry your monitor with you, well then...
I never seen a TV with comparable quality than a good monitor but I
don't know well TV...

> I come from a graphic design background and am used to high quality CRT
> screens. I don't remember them being cheap though! Now you can give me a
> Samsung TFT any day you want to get rid of one =:-D

Well a good Iiyama is less than 700 Euro
http://www.iiyama.ch/default.asp?SID=&NAV=236&PCAT=1 what do you get for
that price in TFT ?
I would also appreciate a good TFT if someone gives me one, but I would
certainly not buy one just to have something smaller...

Off course, we will certainly never agree each other on this topic, and
that's really not a problem ;-)
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch