[vdr] Re: Supported HDTV card for use in Europe?

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Gregoire Favre (GF) wrote:

GF> And for me it's a sufficent reason not to use TFT...
GF>
GF> > We are talking about watching TV mon cher ami!!! Don't put a CRT TV near
GF> > a TFT being fed DVB-S especially through DVI... When you factor in
GF> > energy savings and heat output a TFT has other qualities too (being able
GF> > to carry one around for example).
GF>
GF> Why couldn't I use a monitor as TV ?

Just as a side note:

good quality on a TFT/LCD monitor you can only expect if the resolution of
the data fits the hardware resolution of the screen (or an integral factor
of it)

E.g. having a 1280x1024 TFT you can only expect good results if you run
1280x960 or 640x480 or 320x240 or 160x120 or ...

        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\

Home | Main Index | Thread Index